EQE 684 – Special Topics in Earthquake Engineering: Applied Seismology
COURSE NO AND TITLE : EQE684 – Special Topics in Earthquake Engineering: Applied Seismology
- Seismic waves and elastic parameters
- Seismic refraction methods
- Seismic reflections methods
- Attenuation and spreading of seismic waves
- Amplification and damping
- Spectral contents of seismic records
- Takehome exams
REFERENCE TEXTBOOKS :
- Ward SH (1990), Geotechnical and environmental geophysics, SEG, 1990.
- Havskov J and L Ottemöller (2010), Routine data processing in earthquake seismology, Springer.